Despite the home being a property owner's most valuable asset, people spend an
average of only twelve minutes checking the credentials and references of Tradesmen
before letting them into their house. Two thirds (65%) of people admit that they
have knowingly employed a tradesman with no recognized accreditations or
recommendations of any sort simply because they provided a cheaper quote.
A further 3 out of 4 (73%) have let tradesmen work on their homes without ever drawing up a contract - an act that leaves them without any consumer protection whatsoever.
When it comes to roofline, the importance of using a reputable contractor is never greater. Your roof accounts for 30% of your overall structure and is one of the key elements in protecting your home from the UK weather.
Using installers that are registered with roofline manufacturers is one of the most fundamental checks that any homeowner must carry out to ensure they are not putting their home at serious risk.
If homeowners go for a cheaper option and don't use reputable tradesmen, the deal is most likely to backfire and they may end up with shoddy workmanship that will undoubtably cost them more in the long-run through repairs or ultimately the overall value of their home.
(Source: Newspaper Article)
CHOOSING A SUPPLIER OF ROOFLINE PRODUCTS can be very difficult with many claiming to be experts but only a few living up to expectations. So, before you sign up here are some helpful points to make sure you make the right decision.
• Does the company hold an approved Installer Certificate from a Manufacturer?
• Is the Roofline workforce trained to City & Guilds standards?
• Does the company offer a "double indemnity guarantee"? (i.e. manufacturer's guarantee as well as an installation guarantee?).
• Is the company registered with SEPA to deal with potentially hazardous materials?
• Is the company licensed to trade?
• Check how long the company has been established.
• Does the company have a website?
• Does the company have Public Liability Insurance?
• Can they provide testimonials from satisfied clients?
• Ask to visit their premises.
WHY CHOOSE QFI?
BECAUSE WE HAVE ALL THESE POINTS COVERED!
Do not use a Roofline Installer if they:
• Put rock bottom prices through your letter box without carrying out a full survey.
• Do not have a business address (ie. work from home, garage or lock up).
• Only provide a mobile contact number.
• Do not provide you with a legal contract detailing teh work to be carried out.
• Ask for cash payments before carrying out any work.
• Use sub-contractors.
NEVER TRUST A COMPANY WHO PROPOSE TO FIT ROOFLINE ON TOP OF THE EXISTING TIMBER FASCIA AND SOFFIT.
TRUSTING THE RIGHT PEOPLE
Using the wrong contractor can have severe repercussions as many TV programmes which highlight "rogue traders" will tell you. It is all too easy to be lured by cheap prices however, by asking the right questions you can make a more informed decision.
QFI have been installing Roofline for over 20-years and have been chosen by our supplier to be their approved Installer with all Roofline fitted to their detailed specifications. We have an experienced City & Guilds trained workforce and we only use high quality Roofline products. All Roofline installations are registered with our supplier, allowing us to give you the best guarantees the market can offer.
QFI Roofline are Approved Installers.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW!